With the growing advances in science and scientific theories, nowadays research has been shifted more towards mankind than on still life. This has opened up a new branch of research which is very passionately dedicated to look into matters that bothers humankind but had always been considered trivia. One such thing is your body weight.
One of the things that scientists have researched since early times is the correlation of human body shape and obesity. This has brought in a wide range of health care supplements in the market, making it difficult for people to believe in what’s the truth and what’s the exaggeration.
And today, we are here to decode the same thing of one such product in the market. The PurpleBurn Pro.
What is PurpleBurn Pro?
Right off the bat, let’s start with what The PurpleBurn Pro is all about. As per the website, it is a healthy weight management supplement made with Kenyan Purple Leaves.
What does it mean? The PurpleBurn Pro is said to help the body to realize that it needs to start treating excess body fat as foe rather than future food fuel.
What? A whole lot confusing right? Let’s break it down into small digestible bits.
The PurpleBurn Pro page explains how it used research done by scientists from Croatia which states that people gain weight as the body fails to recognize extra weight as a problem due to overwhelming senses with the modern day’s ill food habits and eating habits. It might be true to some extent.
And the PurpleBurn Pro might help the body in comprehending excess weight gain as an issue and activates the body to fight it on its own.
Before concluding on how true this conclusion is, let’s first look into the key ingredients that make up the PurpleBurn Pro and understand each of their roles in regards to obesity management from a scientific perspective.
What goes in PurpleBurn Pro?
A list of the ingredients in the PurpleBurn Pro includes,
- Kenyan Purple Tea
- Is rich in anthocyanins
- Animal studies done by Hiroshi Shimoda et al in 2015 shows that intake of Purple tea in mice had a visible impact on body weight gain, liver fat gain, abdominal fat and triglycerides.
- As such direct human studies with Purple Tea is not available, but people and locals do believe in its anti weight gaining property.
- Furthermore, certain studies do talk about the effect of anthocyanins on body weight but no certain data is available.
- Is rich in polyphenols, anthocyanins, vitamin C, and gamma linoleic acid.
- Various studies by different authors had shown effects of blackcurrant on diabetes induced obesity, in controlling blood sugar levels and its anti-inflammatory properties.
- In a study conducted by Tyler Benn et al with in April 2015, published by Cambridge University Press, concluded that after 12 weeks of consumption of polyphenols rich Blackcurrant extract, the mice showed reduced plasma glucose level, good liver condition and possibility of helping body overcome with metabolic disturbances caused by obesity.
- A systematic review conducted by Pragya Singh et al in 2017, published in Journal of Nutritional Health and Food Engineering, listed off possible benefits of Hibiscus flower and its further research indication.
- The review article found that the hibiscus plant has a lot of medicinal properties, including but not limited to effects on type 2 diabetes, metabolic disturbances, increased blood pressure, and even on heart health.
- The exact mechanism of the action is not known but there are various animal studies going on and completed which supports the above statement.
- Though not much studies are known directly to be conducted on humans.
- It is a sweet fruit rich in Vitamins, Minerals and Fibres.
- Are known for a plethora of health benefits like improving cardiovascular health, decreasing blood pressure, managing weight, decreasing sweet craving, maintaining cholesterol levels and helping body fight ageing metabolic disturbances and diseases.
- In 2021 Hanna Land et al found through preclinical trials that berries, including Blackberry, Strawberry, Raspberry and Blueberry have anti-inflammatory properties and help reduce post obesity inflammation.
- Oat Fibre
- Are highly sought after and nutritional grains with rich fibre content and antioxidant properties.
- They are a great source of micro minerals and vitamins.
- Health benefits of oats are enormous including their effects on reducing weight by making the body feel fuller, reducing bad cholesterol, controlling blood pressure and glucose, and many more.
- Certain studies indicate that Oats might even help with childhood asthma and constipation.
- Inulin is a fibre with positive effects on gut microbes, helping digestion, enhancing nutrient absorption from food we consume and all in all maintain good gut health.
- It is also known to help promote sleep and aid in weight loss by improving digestion and controlling our appetite.
- Is an exotic fruit from Southeast Asia.
- Is known for antioxidant properties and to help boost the immune system and skin health.
- A small human study concluded that consumption of Mangosteen juice has lower BMI as compared to the control group at the end of 8-weeks.
How authentic is PurpleBurn Pro?
The list of ingredients in the bottle of PurpleBurn Pro seems promising enough in terms of natural health care supplements. The ingredients, though their exact proportions are not known, are individually effectively known for
- their antioxidant nature,
- good health benefits,
- detoxifying body,
- to boost up metabolism,
- to maintain proper appetite and many more.
The site also says that the product
- is made in the USA,
- is made in a FDA approved facility,
- is GMP certified,
- is GMO free and
- includes all natural ingredients.
The official page of the products claims to have over 18k reviews and features a few of them. The snapshot of the same from the site is added in here for your reference.
Where to Buy PurpleBurn Pro?
As of now, the PurpleBurn Pro is only available on its official page. And the site has a very exciting offer now, and is giving away a lot of freebies with discounted prices and the cherry on top, free shipping.
As of now, the PurpleBurn Pro comes in three variety,
- Single Jar of $69 with free shipping
- Combo of three jars at $177 or $59 per jar with three free ebooks and free shipping
- Combo of six jars at $294 or $49 per jar with three free ebooks and free shipping
The freebies or the eBooks talked above are,
- PurpleBurn Pro Accelerator – Include easy healthy recipes, which site claims to be more effective than keto
- Asian Couture Secrets – Talks about dressing and fashion sense and how Asians dress themselves to look like supermodels
- Korean-at Home – Talks about age old popular Korean drinks consumed by regulars to look half their age and about Korean herbs which helps to naturally tone the body and lift up the face.
Along with all of these, the PurpleBurn Pro comes with a 60-days money back guarantee. Which implies, if for some reason or other, the consumer is not happy with the product or chooses to return in a duration of 60-days from purchase, they would be paid their money back with no questions asked.
A tough bargain for the company but all more reasons for a consumer to be drawn towards it.
Scientific Approach to PurpleBurn Pro
The scientific theories provided on the official page are authentic enough but none of them talk about the unique combination of ingredients in the PurpleBurn Pro.
Most of them, like the Antiobesity Effect of Anthocyanins in Preclinical and Clinical Studies, talk about the effect of anthocyanins in particular and how their ratio varied in different sources.
The research paper talks about how thought there might be mixed reactions on how the effect of anthocyanins actually works on weight gain and related issues like abdominal fat, diabetes, high cholesterol, metabolic disturbances, and many more.
The paper talks about how the failure in a standardized trial group and the differences in the proportion of anthocyanins in various food sources might be an issue.
Another randomized controlled trial conducted by Mehmet Akif Sahin PhD et al in 2021 examined the effect of consumption of New Zealand Blackcurrant consumption on weight loss followed by moderate intensity walking.
The paper concluded that regular intake of anthocyanins rich Blackcurrant for more than 30 days do show a positive alteration in fat oxidation, which theoretically might be due to anthocyanins enhancing fat metabolism.
Though a few of the papers used in the scientific approach are a bit outdated, being in the 2007-2015 range, the fact that not many studies are available is also true.
A limited amount of data is available on the real effects of the ingredients mentioned in the list on the human body and most of them work either with local beliefs or ancient medicine. Just because something hasn’t been proven yet doesn’t mean it doesn’t work.
The PurpleBurn Pro, being an all-natural product combines this belief with the knowledge of ancient medicine. Though it is wise to point out that most of the ingredients used have very high medicinal value in ancient medicine all across the world, especially in Asian countries.
But since the exact proportion of the same is not known and not much is known of their combined effects, it might be a bit of a gamble. Who knows, the bottle of PurpleBurn Pro might be the catalyst a few may need to kickstart their life.
The PurpleBurn Pro is a healthcare supplement, made by keeping in mind the increased risk of obesity and its ill effects. Though the site claims that weight has nothing to do with what you eat, whether you exercise or not, and if you are dieting, the views do contradict the popular views on weight management, and all for the right reasons.
A person’s weight may depend on a whole lot of factors, including biological, personal, environmental, economic, internal, external, and many more, but nobody could quash the effect of food and eating habits. And of course the positive and overall great benefits of exercise.
It’s never too wrong to give the body a catalyst to help you in the right direction but to consider the catalyst as the reactant is the wrong move.